Pages

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

the time-traveling doctor

Dear readers (if any),

Lately I've been thinking, isn't it cool if I can do time-traveling?

I shall go to the future, see the kids that I've assisted their delivery into the world from their mothers' womb and I shall see what sorts of person that they have become.

From there, I shall go on to them and say:

"Hey man, I'm the first person you've met in this whole entire world!... That's right, I'm the doctor! surprise surprise!"

And then I would imagine that the situation would be very...odd. For both of us.


But, nevertheless, it is a good fantasy, yes?


Anyway, everytime I walked pass the neonatal (babies) unit in the hospital, I've been constantly wondering:

"What will become of them? Are they going to be good fellas? Or will they turn out to be bad guys? Is there a future doctor amongst them? Or teacher? Or even prime minister?"

And then I realized, they are not just the children of Mr. and Mrs so-and-so.

They are the children of this country.

They are the children of humanity.

In which, within them, lies the hope and future of all mankind.

And whenever this sort of thinking occurred to me, I never fail to smile sheepishly.



"And among His signs is that He created you from dust, and therefore you are human beings spread in the earth.

And among His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the differences in your languages and colours; indeed in this are signs for people who know."

(Al-Ruum : 20, 22)

2 comments:

soleil m said...

a random yet wise thought indeed, doc

btw, this line is funny "surprise surprise!"

:))

Fitri Ezwan said...

solei_m

thanks, suria. I take that as a compliment =)