Saturday, December 18, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Thursday, December 09, 2010
Tuesday, December 07, 2010
Malam tadi aku teringat pada hadith #1 dalam Hadith 40 himpunan Imam Nawawi.
عَنْ أَمِيْرِ الْمُؤْمِنِيْنَ أَبِيْ حَفْصٍ عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ : سَمِعْتُ رَسُوْلَ اللهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُوْلُ : إِنَّمَا اْلأَعْمَالُ بِالنِّيَّاتِ وَإِنَّمَا لِكُلِّ امْرِئٍ مَا نَوَى . فَمَنْ كَانَتْ هِجْرَتُهُ إِلَى اللهِ وَرَسُوْلِهِ فَهِجْرَتُهُ إِلَى اللهِ وَرَسُوْلِهِ، وَمَنْ كَانَتْ هِجْرَتُهُ لِدُنْيَا يُصِيْبُهَا أَوْ امْرَأَةٍ يَنْكِحُهَا فَهِجْرَتُهُ إِلَى مَا هَاجَرَ إِلَيْهِ .
[رواه إماما المحدثين أبو عبد الله محمد بن إسماعيل بن إبراهيم بن المغيرة بن بردزبة البخاري وابو الحسين مسلم بن الحجاج بن مسلم القشيري النيسابوري في صحيحيهما اللذين هما أصح الكتب المصنفة]
Erti Hadith / ترجمة الحديث :
Dari Amirul Mu’minin, Abi Hafs Umar bin Al Khattab radiallahuanhu, dia berkata: Saya mendengar Rasulullah Shallallahu’alaihi wasallam bersabda :
Sesungguhnya setiap perbuatan bergantung pada niatnya. Dan sesungguhnya setiap orang (akan dibalas) berdasarkan apa yang dia niatkan. Siapa yang hijrahnya kerana (ingin mendapatkan keredhaan) Allah dan Rasul-Nya, maka hijrahnya kepada (keredhaan) Allah dan Rasul-Nya. Dan siapa yang hijrahnya kerana dunia yang dikehendakinya atau kerana wanita yang ingin dinikahinya maka hijrahnya (akan bernilai sebagaimana) yang dia niatkan.
Teringat pada zaman-zaman tahun pertama di Monash University, Melbourne.
Saturday, December 04, 2010
- I'm now back in Johor Bahru. Had a few things to settle up. Most of them are university/academically related. Not fun at all.
- I had an unfortunate road accident on my way back here. I was not injured, alhamdulillah, and Bucephalus survived the accident with only a few minor scratches. It was quite a dramatic one actually. It was raining when I passed Muar through the North-South Highway. I was doing, at that time, 120km/h (I know, my bad) on the fast lane when a green Volkswagen in front of me had suddenly lost her balance and skidded on the highway. The tailing car couldn't stop in time and rammed into her. The same thing happened to the third car. I was the fourth, but luckily I managed to swerve the car to avoid the scene but, unfortunately, hit the road divider. The fifth car, which was a 4WD Hilux, hit the third car, skidded and hit the road divider before finally stopped. The Hilux missed me by a hair's breadth. Nobody was killed during the accident; only few sustained some serious injuries and the rest were quite OK.
- My experience in Pahang was terrific! My job had actually finished well before the expected deadline. The good thing is, there is a chance, albeit a slim one, that I might go back there for another job. This thing deserves a single post on its own. But later.
- Before I left for Pahang, I did some wedding photography with my uncle. He was the main photographer and I was given the presumably easiest job; portraiture. All I had to do was to shoot close-up portraite of the bride and the groom. A good portraite photo, according to him, should lit up the inner beauty of the bride and highlight the confidence of the groom. Tricky game, but it was undeniably fun. My uncle did the rest: wide angle, group photo and photo-creative.
- I left Sitiawan this morning after my brother's circumcision. He didn't cry at all. Bravo, lil bro! I'm thinking of something to give him during his 'berpantang' period. Something useful and mind-boggling and fun. There are some promising candidates, but I've yet to arrive at a good one.
Happy holiday, everyone! Use your time wisely. =)